We many not all be cutting down trees or personally dumping oil into the gulf, but we all contributed to destroying the planet in are own special ways(5). I have come to realize that I use to much electricity, and to help this blue marble I live on,  I will try to cut my consumption down by not watching 40 minutes of TV everyday while I workout. During the 4 days a week that I work out in my basement I instead listen to a podcast or book on tape on my phone. I plan to start on Saturday the 8th. 
      although TV may not be the biggest power sucker in you home, ( that award goes to Air conditioning and heating(1)) but it is indefinitely one of the most unnecessary. Out of all the devices in your home made purely for entertainment, the TV ranks the highest Compared to phones or radio(2). This is because of the large screens they have. So why is it so important to safe energy? In order to create electricity you have to have burn coal, which leases the earth pent-up carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere warming the planet. Something know one benefits from(3). 
     This will also prove to be a time for me to get more into books, something that is proven to help your memory in later years(4). 
        In the past I have mindless watched movies on Netflix while I run on a treadmill. I did this because it easier to have something going on in the background than to engage your mind with a story on the radio, But after learning about all the power that my TV uses just to play Black panther for the fourth time, I knew I had to make a change. 
The first time that thing that I will need to do is download some books on tape on my phone. I plan on listening  to the brick of a book IT by Stephen King. I originally download IT for a drive my mom and took to Quebec. Over the 20 hours we drove there are back we only hear about 1/4 of the story. Of I will also need to make sure that I do not end up watching 40 minutes of  TV after I finish working out. 
        unlike other kids projects such as changing your eating habits,  I can make this change on my own. I do not need to drag my parents into this project of mine, in fact, they will be happen that I'm spending less time in front of the TV. 
          Al thought I hope I have a strong enough self-control to not give into TV, I will be keeping the remotes in a closet upstairs just in case. 


Here are the sources that I used in my research: 
      4. https://www.oprah.com/health/how-reading-can-improve-your-memory 
5. https://www.eea.europa.eu/themes/climate/faq/how-do-human-activities-contribute-to-climate-change-and-how-do-they-compare-with-natural-influences

Comments

  1. Two things:
    1) You didn't say how the first week went! How was it??
    2) You said "Something know one benefits from(3)" but didn't finish the sentence! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you did great but i think you should explain more about how the week went or how you didnt start the project and why

    ReplyDelete
  3. why is this project so important to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Maybe you could add some pictures, charts, and or graphs. how much electricity all together will you save? Also how much electricity would all of Seattle save if they were to commit to this habit as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this project mean anything special to you ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Calculating how much Power I am saving