Calculating how much Power I am saving

           This week I started my plan to save power while exercising, and let me tell you, it went better than expected. To recap, my plan is to listen to my phone with headphones while I am on the treadmill instead of watching TV. Unfortunate due to homework, I have only had time to got on the treadmill twice since last Thursday, once on Saturday and Wednesday. On both of those days I exercised for 1 hour plus, something I have never done before. I contribute this to the fact that I was listening to NPR stories on my phone rather than watching some marvel movie. With movies, its beyond easy for me to sit on the couch and watch, but with radio stories I find it hard to sit and listen, it has to be more in the background of something that I am doing, so if I wanted to finish the story I would have to keep running (Citation 3). I did not plan on running any longer, so this is a very pleasant surprise outcome. I listened to stories about TV reviews and some albums I had been meaning to listen to. despite the name this project I have not been able to get my Audible account to work, but I think  I will be fine with Fresh Air by Terry Gross and several podcasts I found on this website(look at 2 citation) . Next week I will make it more of a property for me to get on the treadmill more often, perdurable everyday.
         Its imperative  that I know how exactly how effective all of this is. To find this out is easy, all I need to do is look on the back of my TV for the Wattage number, what ever the number is I will multiply by the number of hours of TV I watched before and after this project started, then I will divide that number by 1,000 to find the kilowatt average. The final step is to multiply the kilowatt average by what my families energy provider is too find out how much money I an saving(for this whole paragraphs information, look at citation 1.)
This is how much energy I used before the project:  0.4 kilowatts
and after: 0
How much money my parents had to spend: 0.88 cents
How much they spend now: $0
If everybody in Seattle did the same thing: $1,362,520
If everybody in the world did it: $13,160,000,000
After finding out how much energy I would be saving, I must say, I was disappointment. Turns out, your TV doesn't use that much power compared to other to other appliances. This is surprising at how   bright and large the screen on TV can be.




Citations:
1.  https://www.bounceenergy.com/blog/2018/04/how-much-electricity-does-my-tv-use/     
2.https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/5/28/17392352/best-movie-podcasts 
3. https://blog.fitradio.com/7-reasons-listen-music-workout/ 










Comments

  1. What about the impact if OTHER people did this? What would that calculate out to? How much would that save?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much energy would you save a year? How much impact do you believe would be reduced if everyone in the school were to shorten the same amount of time with the t.v. off as you currently do now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog